Everyone Is Throwing Away Their Slow Cooker And Here Is Why

There is no question in our minds when it comes to the slow cooker. This appliance is a loyal and steady fixture in our kitchens. But things took a turn for the worse when the last episode of the This is Us, one of NBC’s series was aired. After that last episode, a lot of people began to announce on social media that people were getting rid of their own Crock-pots. The question is, What happened?

Well, the latest episode of This is Us, was on a super bowl Sunday in 1998. In the series, the parents of the Pearson siblings, Jack and Rebecca are having a nice time watching the game and enjoying some snacks that were made in the Crock-Pot.

After they had watched the game and gone to bed, the kitchen is shown, and the camera focuses on the cooker which then begins to spark. Soon the kitchen has been engulfed in flames, and before long, the entire house is on fire. The end of the fire episode isn’t aired, but from what is aired, viewers have a better understanding of how Jack died.

The faulty Crock-pot was given to them by their neighbors. While giving them the cooker, he mentioned that although it had a fussy switch, it worked perfectly. However, as soon as the episode was aired, there were a lot of posts on social media about people who were getting rid of their Crock-pot as a safety measure against losing their own houses.

Is there really a problem with the cookers? Do we need to get rid of ours or are we taking a chance by letting them stay in our homes? Do we really want to risk losing our homes?

Well, the Crock-pot company had answers for everyone. No. You don’t have to be scared of the dependable cooker. They released an official statement that went like this,

“For nearly 50 years, with over 100 million Crock-Pots sold, we have never received any consumer complaints similar to the fictional events portrayed in last night’s episode. In fact, the safety and design of our product render this type of event nearly impossible. That’s because Crock-Pots are low-voltage devices, with self-regulating heating elements. If there’s ever a problem with yours, it’s more likely that the appliance would just shut off than spark or start a fire.”

The Crock-pot company went a bit further in its damage control to open a Twitter account @CrockpotCares, to get closer to its customers. They replied to their product users directly and tried to soothe the ruffled feathers by responding to them directly. They assured their customers repeatedly that their products are tested extensively before being shipped to the public. The Crock-pot company even made light of the whole issue by bringing out funny hashtags like #CrockPotIsInnocent. They even offered to gift the “This Is Us writer” Dan Fogelman a Crock-pot.

A lot of props to the Crock-pot company for superbly taking care of that potentially damaging problem. Now that the Crockpot is no longer a suspect, who then is to blame for kitchen hazards. The National Fire Protection Associated (NFPA) said that kitchen accidents were one of the biggest causes of home fires.

It should not come as a surprise that the act of frying is a big risk. You need to pay close attention to the food in the pots and pans because an unwatched food could start up a fire.

The National Fire Protection Associated (NFPA), encourages people to go and install new smoke alarms in their homes. They are also advised to make sure that the alarms are working based on the fact that in this latest episode of This is Us, the alarm at the Pearson’s house did not sound because the batteries were not good.

After all said and done, the true question is “Are you still ready to keep your slow cooker?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.